Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Almost Vacation time...Almost

I still have 3 weeks before Trace and I go up to Iowa but I have been packing for a week now. I got a new bag, I haven't checked a bag in over 10 years, so this was a must. I ordered a padded bag for the car seat and a bag for the stroller. And I got a nursing cover, because I'm sure the people at the Atlanta airport or on my flights don't really want to see my boobs. I HAD to make a packing list because knowing me, without the list I would pack and repack more than 30 times in a month. With my packing list I know what I have packed and I don't have to worry about forgetting something that I really need. I know that I am over packing for both Trace and myself. But you try packing for your first trip with your son and have the trip be 3 weeks to half way across the country!
Now I am very much looking forward to this trip, but my first thought when I bought the tickets for 3 weeks was, "What am I going to do without seeing my mom for 3 whole weeks?" Yes, I am 27 years old and a mother, but I have not spent this much time with my mom in 9 years! We spend every day together. When I leave the house she is with me and most of the time when she leaves the house Trace and I are with her. (Its nice having a built in friend that I can do EVERYTHING with). In Iowa the plan is to spend a few days with my dad and Glenda. Katie and the girls are going to come over and spend some quality time with us too! Then I will be going to a wedding with the Simonson side of the family and I will be going to spend about a week with Bob and Carol. I can't wait for Cory and Nate to meet their nephew. I REALLY can't wait to see Marsha and Heather, (I miss you girls!). Then I'll go back to my dad's house and spend some time with my Grandma, she will get to meet her other Great grandson.
The three weeks are going to fly by I'm sure. I can't wait to get up to Iowa and see some of my friends as well. If anyone can think of stuff that is a MUST for our first trip PLEASE let me know!!!! And any advice for plane travel (nursing on the plane/carrying EVERYTHING through an airport/etc) with an almost 3 month old is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment