Monday, June 20, 2011

I love my Charlie girl

Well, I'm pretty sure just about everyone knows that we have a WONDERFUL white lab named Charlie. And I really do treat her like she is my baby. Before the hubby left she was attached to him at the hip and really would listen to him, and would listen to me only if I made my voice deep like his. But since the deployment started she really has become more "my" dog. I know that everyone is bias with their animal and claims that they have the "best" dog or cat or whatever. But I can honestly say that I have the best trained dog I have ever seen, in real life or on TV. She never barks and I mean never, unless you get her very excited and ask her to speak. She does not jump on people. She will only crawl onto your lap, only with her front paws, if you ask her to. And even then she usually looks at me and once I say that it is ok she will love on you. She sleeps next to the crib most nights now that it is up and ready. She doesn't whine at all either. When we eat all I have to do is tell her not to beg and she goes and lays down. There can be other dogs barking at her and all she does is raise her eye brows and perks up her ears.
I'm guessing that she will be so excited when the hubby walks in the door and she will just about knock him over. I am excited for him to get to spend a little bit of time with her and show her that he hasn't forgotten about her too.
Right now she is laying next to my chair just relaxing like she does most days.
Its nice to have her down here with me because even though its too hot to let her run in the empty lot during the day she LOVES to go swimming and has officially started to stick her entire head under the water to get whatever toy we have thrown in for her. (Maybe she will be a hunting dog after all).
I just wanted to brag a little about my puppy because she really is an amazing dog and every single day I am so grateful that she is in my life. I love my Charlie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment