Thursday, November 17, 2011

Small Army World

A friend of mine invited me to a craft fair and told me that a girlfriend of hers was going to be there with her son. My friend said that she wanted me to meet her other friend because she was pregnant and her husband had just deployed. I thought, "YESSSSSS, finally someone close that will know how I am feeling!" We met up at the craft fair and Kathryn and I got along great. She told me about her husband and I told her about mine. We got each other's phone numbers and decided we would get together soon. In this time of Facebook of course we friended each other. As I was looking at her pictures I thought her husband looked like someone I had met at Ft. McCoy in October of 2010. So I asked her if he had been up there. She checked and he had been. I met her husband while I was visiting mine while he was in a class. My husband and another guy in his unit had to go up there for a movement class and the other guy in his unit saw his other friend so they started all hanging out. When I went to visit we all decided to go out in town. My hubby's friend and this other guy decided they wanted to ride a mechanical bull. It turned out to be one of the funniest things I had ever seen. This guy sat and talked to me while the other two went out to smoke. He told me about his wife and his son and that they lived in Florida. Of course I had to ask where, and he told me. I thought that it was great that he lived just about an hour away from my family. He said that we should come visit so I could meet his wife.
Well...only a year later, and I met his wife. We have hung out a few times and it has been great! I am so thankful to have someone close that knows what is going on and what I have been going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment