Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Things I wish I would have told myself

Now that Our son is 14 months and my husband has been home for almost 9 months I've had a lot of time to think about things. There are so many things that I look back on now that I wish I would have known before.
Giving birth without my husband there will be the hardest thing, but having my mom there will be my best second option.
Breast feeding, and extended breast feeding, will be the most rewarding thing I will ever do.
A year without my husband will seem like it never even happened just months after he gets home.
Finding a job WILL NOT BE EASY for either of us.
Living with our parents is ok, but we need to be by ourselves more.
It's ok to need a break sometimes ( I'm still having a hard time not feeling guilty).
Take a vacation!
Don't spend so much money on clothes for our little man, I'll only put him in the stuff that I like most anyways.

Those are just a few of the tHings that I wish I had told myself before this deployment. I haven't had much much of a break from our little guy in over 14months and I need to figure out how to get away for more than a couple of hours. I'm still breast feeding, only before bedtime. I'm worried that if I leave for a night that my milk will go away, and I'm not sure if our kiddo or I am ready for that. And I have tried to pump but I get nothing because it has been months since I pumped last. So,any of you nursing mommies have some suggestions for me? I need a nice break so PLEASE HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment