Friday, March 22, 2013

Trying this working mom thing

I decided to apply at a temp agency 2 weeks ago. I got a call the very next day and went in for an interview a couple days later. Well, less than a week after that I got a phone call for a job that was going to be just a week long. I thought, this will be perfect! I haven't worked for more than 2 years so this will be a perfect way for me to get my feet wet. I started Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday afternoon I was told that I would probably get extended but I will do a different job. It's been a week and a half at the job and I LOVE IT! It's a great small company that does really good work.
As I was walking out of work tonight my boss came to me and told me that the female owner of the company wants me to put in my résumé for a job so I can go through the whole hiring process. I would love to do this job...the problem is, my résumé is horrible! I've had a bunch of jobs for not much time. Before I met my husband I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life, I got caught up with stupid stuff...nothing really bad, but my priorities weren't in the right place. A few months before I met my husband I got my crap together, still didn't know what I wanted to do for my career though so i did a couple of jobs just because there wasn't much in the town that we lived in. Then I got pregnant, quit my job, and moved to Florida. I'm worried that the people of the company will look at my résumé and not want me to work for them anymore. I've seen the resumes that have come through...I look like an idiot compared to them. I was told that everyone in the company really likes me and that I fit in very well there. I don't want my resume to screw that up. My gut is telling me that they will look at my résumé and then they won't even go through the hiring process with me, that's going to make me feel like crap. On the other hand, I'd be so happy to do the job that they are hiring for. On top of all of that...my husband has some stuff going on that could change everything of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment