Saturday, February 5, 2011

The first of many...

This is my first time writing a blog, and I'm not so sure I know what exactly to write. It has been a little more than 3 weeks since my husband left, and we have gone this long without seeing each other before. But this time I know that it is still weeks before I get to see him. So many things have happened since Christmas.

On Christmas day we drove to Florida. An entire 26 hours straight in the Jeep that was packed to the max and our wonderful dog. Needless to say, we were all very happy when we pulled into the driveway.
A short 4 days later we got married. It was a hectic 4 days leading up to the wedding, but all in all it was a great time. I still find it hard to believe that we are actually married. Nothing has changed except a ring on our fingers and total coverage on insurance.
Just 3 days after we got married we went on what we are calling our "honeymoon." But that is more of a joke than anything. We flew back up to Iowa then drove our happy married butts to Chicago since my husband had to report right away. For the 6 days that we were there I sat in the hotel room while he worked. Not once did we get to go out to supper, or even lunch alone.Two of his buddies participated in all of our outings. (Mind you, I love these guys like they are family, but a nice supper out with my husband would have been REALLY nice). The night before the hubby left My dad, step-mom, grandmother, his mom and dad, and our friends Chad, Karen and their son Chase came out. We all went to supper at a brewery. It was great food and the restaurant ended up buying all of my hubby's supper. What a great place and I really wish more places would do this for our wonderful service men and women.
The next morning we woke up VERY early, me with a migraine like none other, (you think it could be stress?). Bob and Chad took all of our things to the car and we headed out. Chad, Karen, and Chase stayed at the hotel to give us a little family time.
At the airport we all got to go through security. Then we waited. (The entire time I was choking back tears and trying to keep a smile on my face.) Finally it was time to say "see you later." Hugs all around then it was my turn. I only almost started to lose it completely. Of course I cried, but I knew that I would be seeing him in about 2 months. When he pulled away I even saw a little tear in his eye. The last thing he said was, "Take care of yourself and baby Boo."
Oh, did I mention that we are expecting? Yeah, as if we could pile anything else on right now. We found out in November and kept it a secret for quite some time (from everyone but my mom). I'm due July 10th, and should be finding out on Monday Feb. 7th what we are having.
I'm pretty nervous about all of this happening at once. But I know I have a great support system and am looking forward to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment