Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm too excited to sleep!!!

I have ALWAYS been this way about trips...I get so excited and anxious I don't sleep. But this one is a little bit better than others. I only slept about 4 hours last night, and I'm guessing that tonight will be even worse. Alarm is set, and like any other trip, I'll be waking up before the alarm goes off. 
I want to be sure to say Thank You to my friends that have sent me e-mails, texts, or called to just say that they are thinking about me. You all have NO idea how much those mean to me. I have been reading books on deployment, and how, as a spouse to handle every part of it. I finished one book the other day and started a new one yesterday. They give such insight on what to expect, what to not expect, and how to express to people how they can help you cope.  One of those things to help me cope are the text messages that I get on random days...Thank you Whitney, you have NO idea how much it means to me when you send those. The random phone call that I got from a good friend Katie the other day put a smile on my face for sure. And the new friends that I am making along the way, Janeth, Katie , Sandy , and Heidi . You all have already helped make this a little easier. Sometimes I wish that I had not moved so far away from the unit, then I could just make the drive out to hang out with some of you. Then I remember, I would be alone in our house, worried about anything and everything going on, and I'd have to deal with all of the yucky snow! So deep down, I'm glad I am with family. I hope that this summer, after the baby is born, that I will be able to come up and visit everyone (so you all better offer me a place to stay). I hope that I can continue to meet more of the families from the unit.
Well, I've got a little too much anxiety, if you couldn't tell from the randomness of this whole thing.
You are all amazing people, and we hope that you all take care of each other like family. Because your family back home, is all taking care of one another as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment