Friday, April 22, 2011

So much has happened...

There has been so much that has happened since I blogged last. I went on my vacation. Seattle was stop #1. It was so worth the long flight out there. I got to see one of my best friends of all time get married. Whit, I'll never be able to express to you how much I appreciate that you wanted me to be part of your special day. You are and always will be one of the most important people in my life. I love you! As for the flight out there. A flight attendant told me that she thought that I was just fat, not pregnant. So that was nice, NOT! Spending a few hours with my other best friend Tymmony was great. Her and I could not be more different. but the things that we have in common are so strong that nothing can ever some between us. After Seattle it was on to Iowa. Got to spend a little bit of time with my family and my in-laws. Of course the baby wouldn't move around much so people could feel him, so that was sad. But while in Iowa I realized that I really did miss being there. (I did not however miss the cold weather). Then it was off to "Chicago" to meet Katie. Was I nervous? Would you be nervous having made plans to spend 3 solid days with someone that you had never met before? Needless to say, we hit it off right away. Her and I have so much in common its almost scary. I feel like she is someone that I have known forever. And I know that she is someone that even after this deployment her and I will continue to be good friends. I can't believe what a strong woman she is. Taking care of twin 15month old girls, dealing with other stuff, and keeping it together as well as she does...I just hope that I can keep it together as well as she does. It was more than nice to be able to talk to her about the things that concern me and know that they are the same things that she worries about too. We had a great time together, at least I thought so. When she dropped me off at the airport I teared up a little bit. I felt like I was leaving family. Thank you Katie for being such a great friend right off the bat. I know that I can talk to you about anything. (Thanks for all of the information that people don't want to talk about either!) At the airport I was walking to my gate and realized that it was right next to the gate that the hubby left from. Once again, trying to hold back tears. I got on my plane and walked off at home. Getting back home was nice. The warm weather is WAY nice (since it snowed EVERYWHERE else I went). I haven't been home long, but I have started to get things ready for the baby. Finally did a gift registry (Target.com). My mother-in-law will be here at the beginning of May. I am looking forward to it. I know that she will help me even more getting the baby room ready.
Today has been a great day. I cleaned like crazy, I believe I was in a nesting phase today. And my friend Lauren, after 14 long months, has her husband home. Congrats to her on making it with her 3 little boys. She is another strong woman that I hope I can follow her lead. Lauren and Katie have been the most amazing new friends that I could have ever imagined. Thank you both so much!
I love my husband so much...the countdown is getting shorter and shorter until he gets to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment