Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1st

Yet another day has passed. And another day I can check off of the calendar finally! I started the countdown to R&R the day that the hubby told me when he would be coming home. Athough I wish I had waited a while to start the countdown. Its been 26 days since it started.
So, I have been writing a journal as well, and have asked some of the other wives to do the same thing. I have read two books about deployment, from the view of wives. They are GREAT books, but one dealt only with Active Duty Army and the other one only had small blurbs about Reserve units that had deployed. Both were based in 2003. So I thought about putting together our journal entries for a book. One that is strictly about reserve deployments and how the wives deal.
My "vacation" is going to start in 6 short days! I am so looking forward to it. Going out to Seattle, where I spent 22 years and I haven't been for 5 years! I am so excited to see my two best friends out there. I still can't believe my Whitters aka GET IN MY BELLY is getting married in 10 days!Then I'm off to Iowa to see the rest of my family and the whole Simonson clan, plus some good friends. Our supper on the 12th is going to be crazy, I think as of right now there will be 16 people there. I wonder what restaurant in Maquoketa we will be able to fit in. Then off to Chicago for the Yellow Ribbon. I am also looking forward to meeting the people that I have been talking, texting, and chatting with on Facebook. It'll be nice to be around people that really know how I am feeling on a daily basis and people that are going through this deployment too. I have no idea what to expect form the Yellow Ribbon, but I'm sure it will have some good information for all of us.
This post is kinda boring, but oh well! I hope everyone has a good day and good weekend. Oh, and its Friday which means RED FRIDAY! Do you have your RED on today? I do!
I love my husband more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment