Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby stuff

Had another doctor appointment this week. It went well, like always. Then I got to go over and check out the hospital rooms that I will be using to deliver and recover. They are nice rooms and I am actually looking forward to giving birth at that hospital. After checking out the rooms I went and preregistered with the hospital so I don't have to worry about doing that while in labor. I also found out that I have to have an epidural consultation if I want to have the option of an epidural at all. Apparently at the hospital they believe that while you are in the throws of labor you cannot make a decision properly. WELL DUH! It makes sense to me. So, I had the consultation and now I have the option for an epidural.
I should be receiving my diaper bag tomorrow. Let me tell you how excited I am for this...Seriously, I feel like it's Christmas! I have been waiting almost a month since I ordered it and it will finally be here.
Today my sister Serrin was kind enough to take time out from her studying and take maternity pictures of me. We went out to Boca Grande, which happens to be one of the most beautiful places in Florida. We did almost all beach pictures. Lots of clothing changes...mind you, I changed on the beach so that was interesting. After we got done at the light house at the end of Boca Grande we went to another part of the beach. I put on a long dress and got into the water. It felt so good to cool down a bit, since it was hot and humid out today. Serrin asked me if I would lay on the beach in the water. HECK YEAH! Now I had not fully planned for this, so EVERYTHING was wet and when I stood up I'm pretty sure I had sand in places I never expected. From the few pictures that I saw I am thinking that its going to be another excited for "Christmas" thing when she tells me that they are done. After we were done with pictures we were going to lunch. With a see through dress on and since it was about 2 feet longer than I am tall I figured it was time to change. I DO NOT go into porta potties because they gross me out, so I had the option to stay in the see through wet dress or change in the parking lot. There goes my clothes! I did have a bigger coat to hold up so mom did that for me and there I changed. It was a good laugh.
I cannot wait to be able to send the pictures to my hubby so he can see them too!
I love my husband, and only 44 more days before we meet our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment