Monday, May 16, 2011

Less than 8 weeks to go

Last week my Mother-in-law was down for 8 days. It was so nice to have her here. I am excited that she finally got to see Trace moving around. Not many people have seen or felt him, I think that when I say, "Oh, there, he's moving" that he hears me and thinks, "haha...not anymore mom!" Little butt head! Apparently she was in on the surprise baby shower that my mom, my sister, Kristin, Ashley, and Marissa had put together for me. It was a surprise for sure. I was told that we would be going to eat supper but we had to pick Kristin up first. We got to her house and there everyone was. It was so nice. I had not expected a baby shower at all. I can't believe everything that we have gotten for this little boy. In the last week or so my mom and I have been working hard on getting the baby room all set up. Every day it gets closer and closer to being done. The last doctor's appointment went well. I am up 14lbs now. And the heart rate was strong at 150. I have the next appointment on the 25th.
Tomorrow I get to drive up to Disney World and meet up with Lauren and her family. I am so excited, not just for Disney World, but to be able to meet Lauren finally. We have talked on the phone quite a bit and she has sent me so many baby clothes I think she could have single handedly clothed our child. Let me tell you a little about this woman that I have yet to meet. I "met" her through Katie, on Facebook. And we became friends right away, just like Katie and I did. I feel like I have known her forever already. Her husband just got back from deployment, so she has given me some great advice for our own deployment. I don't know if I have ever met someone as generous as her. She took care of her 3 boys, worked out like a mad woman, and managed to keep it together the whole time her husband was gone. She is a funny woman and always has a great story to tell, like seeing the women fighting in McDonalds. She gives me inspiration to work my butt off once this baby is born to get back into shape. And, since she had her youngest son just before her husband left, I know that I will be able to talk to her about taking care of my own son after my husband leaves again. Needless to say, I am more than excited to finally meet this woman. (Her and I are both Disney freaks so it should be a good time going to the park with her!)
We have 55 days until we have this little boy in our arms. I can't believe that it has gone so fast! I just hope that the next 55 days goes just as fast.
I love my hubby and can't wait until he calls, I have some news for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment