Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Can we say ANXIETY???

The past few weeks have been rough. Our son decided that he didn't need to sleep through the night anymore. Granted, I know that I am one of very few parents that is lucky enough to have a baby that has been sleeping 10+ uninterrupted hours each night since he was 2 months old, but it makes those few nights so hard! He was waking up between 1:30 and 4 every morning. Until 2 nights ago. Let me tell you, he must know that I already have enough anxiety for the both of us. 4am and I have been pretty good friends for a little while now (Seems like the time that I am up every morning). But last night 4am and I did not meet up. I was SO excited when I woke up and my clock said 5:53!
I ran around like crazy yesterday. And today has been a pretty quiet day. Got my hair done this morning (I have to do those last minute touch ups to look my best for my hubby). I've been lucky for the last 6 months because without doing much, if any, exercising I have been able to get down to 15 pounds BELOW prepregnancy weight. Thank you to my son that eats like an entire football team. I am excited for my hubby to see me because he hasn't seen me like this since we first met.
I have to wash the dog today, finish washing clothes and dog bedding, then wash my bedding since our wonderful little boy decided to spit up all over it. I finished the poster this afternoon and soon the rest of the yellow ribbons will be up (my sweet sister will be coming over tomorrow to help me with those). All of my neighbors have been asking when he is coming home. I can't believe what wonderful people I have met down here. My hair stylist even got teary eyed today while giving me a hug bye and told me to have a "romantic" Christmas. I might say that a "romantic" moment is MUCH needed in this part of the world.
I am really started to get excited now. We still don't have a concrete date or time for him to return but I know that it will be soon. And believe me, soon is not soon enough.
I hope that everyone is getting ready for a wonderful holiday season and those that have their families home with them, please remember that somewhere there is a wife or husband waking up with their children on Christmas morning missing the other parent. Even though my husband is in the states I continue to think about my friends and those strangers that can't be with their whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment