Tuesday, December 20, 2011

He's Here! He's Here! Well...almost

Saturday morning at 1:30 I got that long awaited phone call. The one that stops your heart, "I'm in the states." Best phone call I have gotten since he called while our son was being born. While he was in transit he took his IPod and downloaded some app that he could text me as long as he had access to wireless internet. So for 2 days I could text him. After going for 15 days without hearing his voice those text messages were a huge suprise. He is now at his DeMob site and will hopefully be finding out today when he gets to come home to us. I feel very lucky because he got to come back about 3 days before the rest of the unit since he is Advon. I had no idea that he would be earlier than everyone so that was a nice little surprise as well. The rest of the unit got in last night. I know that the rest of the families are pretty happy about that too.
People keep asking me if I am excited. Its weird, I'm not yet. I think that I still have the mentality that it isn't true until I see him. Well, for me, when I hear him say that he is on his flight down here, that's when I will be excited. The more and more I think about it the more I get butterflies in my stomach. As of today we have been apart for 351 days. I can't believe that it has been that long.
There are so many things I have to get done before he gets here. Get the car washed, pick up his Christmas present, put up yellow ribons, CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN, wash the dog, get my hair done. I already made Trace's shirt that he will wear to the airport. And I've got my outfit ready.
I had been looking for a place for us to stay for a few days once he gets home. But Florida at this time of year is a bit rediculous for prices. And most places you can't even rent unless you want to rent for a week (at least $1500 for a week). I figured we would suck it up and pay that ammount so it could just be the 3 of us for a little while. So I emailed about 20 people asking if they had a week available and asking how much it would cost. One lady offered us a place for a 10% discount. One person said, "Sure, it'll be $2800!" Then, I got an email back from a man, I only know him as Pete (at least that's how he signs his emails). He said that their house was open and he would love to give it to us for FREE. I could not believe that someone would give us such a wonderful gift. A total stranger. What an amazing man this must be. So, thank you Pete, whom ever you may be. We are very much looking forward to 7 days on the beach just the 3 of us. (I have a feeling that I'll be leaving for a bit to give daddy some alone time with his son)
I guess I should be getting my butt out of this bed and getting ready for a day full of running around. I hope that everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't be more excited for someone to get their Christmas wish this holiday season Shannie. Nick and Trace are so lucky to have you! Enjoy your Christmas and your week on the beach with your new family. Love you much and miss you tons.
    Bim

    ReplyDelete