Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Things will be different!

WELL DUH!
I am so thankful for a phone call today from my best friend Bim. She said that she wanted to call me because she knew that I would be taking some much needed family time away from the rest of the world. I had a conversation with one of my other friends the other day, I hope you don't mind me talking about this, and she was telling me that a friend of hers was mad because she knew things would be different between them once my friend's husband came home. HELLO! Of course things will be different. Our husbands will be home. We will have our best friend and other half back. No, we probably won't talk as much and we probably won't see each other as often, but sheesh, what do you expect. I feel so lucky that my best friend knows that I will be off in my own world for a little while. And I didn't have to say a single word to her about it. That is why she is more than my best friend. Bim, you really are my sister.
I am so thankful for such wonderful friends, the ones that I have met this year, and the ones that I have know since preschool.
So, for those people that are friends with someone that has a deployed spouse or other family member...don't expect things to be exactly the same when the deployed person returns. Remember, the family has spent almost a year without that person in their lives. Wouldn't you want so extra alone time if it was your family member? Don't be hard on the person, just let them be. Send a text or a short email letting them know that you are still there for them and that whenever they are ready you'd love to hang out or talk. Don't get upset if they don't respond back right away. (More than likely I will be turning off my phone completely for a few days, maybe other people will be doing this too) They really do appreciate everything you have done for them while their family member was away. Just remember how you might feel if you were in their shoes.

1 comment: