Thursday, March 1, 2012

In the last 2 months

The same day the hubby made it home we went to the beach house. What a great week that was. We spent time shopping (he had to get new clothes of course), we went to Bass Pro (pretty sure he would live there if it was possible), going to the beach, and just enjoying time as a family without thinking about him having to go back. He got to watch our son in his jump-a-roo, which is one of the funniest things in the world. We had our first anniversary (nice quiet supper at the beach house). And we got to start a new bed time routine! There was no better way to spend our first week together. After that first week we spent 2 more weeks at my mom's house then headed to Iowa so he could see his family.
It was SO nice to have help while flying. Our little man did great and of course he flirted with EVERYONE. His parents picked us up from the airport and we went to my dad's house for lunch. We got to his parents house about 3 hours after we landed and I was ready to get settled.
We spent a week at his parents house. Exactly one month after he got home, he bought a truck. I was hoping that we would wait on it until we figured out what we would be doing and where we would live. No such luck. Too bad for him we had to wait to pick it up because the dealership wanted to clean it all up for us. He went on his ice fishing trip the night that we bought the truck so for an entire week I got to drive it. I went to my dad's house while he fished. The night that he was coming home I went to our friend Karen's house and her and I went to supper at Bluff Lake (BEST PRIME RIB!). The hubby was with her hubby fishing. I was so weird, I knew that he was only leaving for 5 days but so didn't want him to go. When it was all over I had to laugh at myself. 5 days...really...I just did 354 days!
We spent a few days in Wisconsin, not finding a house, another week at his parents, and another week at my dad's house. We decided that we were going to drive back to Florida. Oh boy was I stressing. A 7 month old on a 26 hour drive. I don't know why I ever stress about anything with our son. He was a champ! Only really fussed the last 20 minutes both days. Yes, that means we spent 13 hours in the truck each day.
We are back in Florida now but will be moving back up north in less than 2 weeks. So I am trying to enjoy my Army wife time while I can get it. (Thank you Kathryn for loving Olive Garden as much as I do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment