Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our Last Day

Today is our last day in Florida. I have such mixed emotions about this. I have just loved being down here for the last 14 months. The weather, having people to talk to all of the time, and the friendships I have made here are just a few of the things that I am going to miss the most.

I was lucky enough to meet another Army reserve wife, who was pregnant, and whose husband is deployed as well. We have spent lots of time at Olive Garden talking about everything from our husbands, to kids, to in-laws, and everything in between. It has been so nice to have someone right here that really understands all of the feelings that I was going through while my hubby was away. I was even lucky enough to go with her to pick up her husband when he came home for R&R. I was so happy to be able to keep her company and have my hubby take pictures of them. Not to mention that we already knew her husband so it was nice to welcome a friend home as well. I feel awful that we are leaving now, while her husband is still "over there". We did get to have one last Olive Garden date on Saturday night then we all went to BWW's for lunch on Sunday.
Kathryn- I am going to miss you so much. I hope that you really know how much I appreciate having you here to talk to. We will be back soon, hopefully we will be able to come back shortly after your hubby gets home. You better keep me updated and let me know when he will be home (that way I can get anxiety with you!!!)

I am a little bit excited to be leaving as well. We are going to be able to start fresh as a family. Pretty soon we will be relying on one another and not other people, which will be nice and stressful. I will be looking for work, which I am sad and happy about. The hubby will be doing odd jobs at his parent's house and at my dad's house for  the Spring and Summer while he waits for the fall semester to start. I am so excited for him to start his college career. He is a little nervous about it but I think that he is really looking forward to starting school again.

Of course our last day here in nice warm Florida our little man is sick. He woke up covered in puke about 1am. So he got a nice bath then went to sleep with us in our bed. He woke up again at 7am, nursed, then preceded to projectile vomit all over me while we were still in bed. He is napping right now, for the second time today. Poor kid, even though he isn't feeling well, when he is awake he still has a smile on his face. I hope that he feels better by tomorrow morning or it is going to make for a very interesting flight for us tomorrow.

Well, Good bye for now Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment